Monday, March 5, 2007

Welcome to Mr. Fairway

Welcome to my blog, Mr. Fairway, which is all about golf, all the time. Here is what I believe: I believe in fairways and greens, playing the ball down and no mulligans. I belive in Bobby Jones, Walter Hagen, Byron Nelson, Ben Hogan, Ben Crenshaw, Andy North and Jack Nicklaus. I believe in putters that look like golf clubs, not oversized spatulas or horseshoe-shaped objects attached to a shaft. I believe in marking my ball on the green with a dime or a dull penny. I believe in the lob wedge, the 7-wood, hybrids, regular shafts and Tour Pride grips. I believe in $2 dollar Nassaus, the 2-down press, double on birdies, greenies, sandies and skins. I believe in caddies, the starter, and assistant pros. I believe in “Caddyshack” but have no time for Bill Murray at the AT&T Pro-Am. I believe in The Masters, the U.S. Open and the British Open. I believe Michelle Wie should stop entering the John Deere Classic and win a tournament on the LPGA Tour. I believe the best golf lesson I ever received was “turn away from the ball, turn into the ball.” I believe that someday I will be able to incorporate that lesson into my swing. I believe sandbaggers should be drawn and quartered. I believe heckling one’s playing partners should not only be allowed but encouraged. I believe CBS should have more Americans on its golf telecasts. Finally, I believe my posts will be entertaining, provocative and occasionally make you smile.

Hitting range balls while wonderng what ever happened to Ty Tyron.

No comments: