Hitting range balls while wondering whatever happened to Paul Stankowski.
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Hitting range balls while wondering whatever happened to Brad Elder.
Hitting range balls while wondering whatever happened to Bob Verwey.
Friday, January 1, 2010
1. How will Tiger’s off-course adventures affect his golf game? He’s already taken a severe personal hit and lost a number of sponsors. It will be interesting to see if he can put those distractions aside when he returns from his self-imposed hiatus from the game.
2. Players on the professional tours will be using clubs with the new USGA-mandated grooves. Most experts believe the new grooves will impart less spin, especially on wedges and especially on shots from the rough.
3. How will the LPGA fare with a new commissioner, lost sponsors and fewer tournaments? One thing the ladies have going for them is Michelle Wie’s late season victory. If she can sustain a high level of play, golf fans may actually pay attention.
4. Which of the young guns will emerge as the next threat? Irishman Rory McIlroy and Rickie Fowler may be poised to have big years. Will Anthony Kim and Camilo Villegas regain their 2008 form?
5. Can Phil Mickelson, who finished the 2009 season with a flurry, step into the void left by Tiger? Mickelson, who played a limited number of tournaments last year because of his wife’s breast cancer, appears to have recharged his putter and could be poised a huge year.
Hitting range balls while wondering whatever happened to Dewitt Weaver.