Thursday, January 24, 2008

Tilghman Back On TV

Kelly Tilghman, suspended for two weeks by the Golf Channel for suggesting that Tiger Woods be lynched in a back alley, opened today's broadcast of the Buick Invitational at Torrey Pines with an apology. However, an apparent glitch on my DirecTV broadcast, did not provide any sound for the first 5 seconds or so of her apology. A contrite Tilghman said she understood that her remark about Woods was hurtful and that she reflected on her comment over the past two weeks. "In a recent live broadcast, I used an inappropriate word that was offensive to many. Over the last two weeks I've taken the time to reflect and truly understand the impact of what I said,'' she said. "While I did not intend to offend anyone, I understand why those words were hurtful. I am terribly sorry for any hurt that I have caused. I would like to express my deepest apologies." With that, Tilghman openend the broadcast with highlights of Tiger's round and then appeared at the anchor desk with Nick Faldo.

Hitting range balls while wondering whatever happened to Betsy Rawls.