Monday, October 13, 2008

Pray For Seve


Our thoughts and prayers go out to Seve Ballesteros who confirmed this weekend that he has a brain tumor. He will undergo a biopsy tomorrow to determine a course of treatment. The swashbuckling Spaniard, known for miraculous recovery shots, faces what he called “the hardest challenge” of his life. "Throughout my career I have been among the best at overcoming challenges on the golf course," the five-time major winner said in a statement released by Madrid's La Paz hospital. "Now I want to be the best confronting the hardest challenge of my life, with all my strength, counting on all of you who are sending me encouraging messages." Ballesteros, 51, was admitted to the hospital Monday after briefly losing consciousness. During his career, Ballesteros won 87 titles worldwide, including nine PGA Tour tournaments. He won two Masters (1980 and 1983) and three British Opens (1979, 1984 and 1988). Seve competed in eight Ryder Cups where he had an overall record of 20-12-5 and was captain of the victorious 1997 team.


Hitting range balls while wondering whatever happened to Doug Weaver.


No comments: